Sunday, June 10, 2012

Jesus' Thoughts on Why Things Happen

John 9:1-3, As he passed by, he saw a man blind from birth.  And his disciples asked him, "Rabbi, who sinned, this man or his parents, that he was born blind?"  Jesus answered, "It was not that this man sinned, or his parents, but that the works of God might be displayed in him."

I read this verse the morning that our daughter Grace Elizabeth was born on 14 May 2012.  At the time, I did not realize that she had a lifetime condition resulting in a very restrictive diet.  As I read these verses, I felt that God gave me these verses for Grace.

In light of Jesus' teaching, the reason this happens is so that the works of God might be displayed in our lives.  Whether this means our daughter is healed, or not, Joy and I are confident that good will come of this.

No comments: